- Electronic Healthcare Law Review publishes "Electronic Medical Records: Requesting, Reviewing and Understanding"authored by Chris Rokosh
- "Legal Issues in Nursing - Communication", authored by Chris Rokosh is published in the September issue of CARE Magazine - the first of a four part series of articles for the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta.
- Chris Rokosh is presenting at the 2014 CAPWHN National Conference in Regina, October 23-25, 2014
- Chris Rokosh is a presenter at the Western Canada Medical Malpractice Group conference in Vancouver. Chris presented on the evolving "Standards of Care" to a group of Western Canada's top medical malpractice litigators.
- "Legal Issues in Nursing" is presented to 1100 nurses in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Due to high demand and excellent reviews, additional dates are proposed for Ontario, BC, and Alberta.
- "Prepping the Medical Expert Witness" is published in Lawyer's Weekly - a summary of the presentation by Chris Rokosh of CanLNC and Paulette DeKelver of Weir Bowen.
- CanLNC President Chris Rokosh and Paulette DeKelver co-presented "How to Instruct Your Experts and Prepare Them for Trial" at the ACTLA (Alberta Civil Trial Lawyer's Association) seminars March 2014 in Calgary and Edmonton. Very well received (all ratings were Good or Excellent!), as well as stimulated some excellent discussion.
- CanLNC President Chris Rokosh is published in the February 7th issue of Lawyers Weekely - "Health Records Going Far Beyond Hard Copy"
- Chris Rokosh is appointed to a multidisciplinary group defining a new Canadian standard for obstetrical treatment - OTAS - Obstetrical Triage Acuity Scale.
- Chris was recently nominated for the Award for Excellence in Nursing Education with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta.
- CanLNC through it's Education division is proud to announce the availability of it's unique and invaluable "Legal Issues In Nursing" online course. This course provides insights to the nursing community on the litigation process and how to avoid and prepare for such an event.
- Time for a bigger head office! Thanks to your support, we've outgrown our facilities and have moved. We're now at 217 13 St NE, Calgary, AB T2E 4R9.
- CanLNC Experts has partnered with Richard Halpern and Aleks Mladenovic of Thomson Rogers to present the inaugural 'Birth Trauma Conference' in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto in June 2013. Also thanks to the many lawyers who participated - Catherine Woods of Guild Yule, Kim Jakeman of Harper Grey, Paul McGivern of Pacific Medical Law, Valerie Prather and Anthony Friend of Bennett Jones, Craig Gillespie of Cuming Gillespie, Blair Carbert of Stones Carbert Waite, Barbara Legate of Legate and Associates, Daryll Cruz of McCarthy Tetrault and William Carter of Borden Ladner Gervais, as well as Dr. Howard Pendleton, and Dr. Dr. Michael McGrath and sponsors Hill-Rom and Henderson Structured Settlements.
- Chris Rokosh, the President of CanLNC, was an invited consultant to the Canadian Trade Commission's Global Commerce Strategy meeting - an opportunity to participate in DFAIT strategy discussions.
- CanLNC Experts is proud to sponsor the
Ontario Trial Lawyers Assocation, and the Ontario Bar Association Medical Malpractice conferences in Toronto in April 2013 and the National Health Law Conference in Halifax in June.
- CanLNC Experts provides medical record translation services. We have bilingual nurses familiar with medical records, terms and shorthand who can effectively translate French to English or vice versa!
- The CanLNC profile continues to increase. Chris Rokosh, the President of CanLNC was recently keynote at the Alberta Health Service Education Day in Calgary. CanLNC was covered in National Post, published in Hospital News, Healthy Living Magazine, and Canadian Living. Chris also presented at the CAPWHN conference in Victoria, the NeuroTrauma Conference for the Hamilton Health Sciences, at the Canadian Vascular Access Association, presented at the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants National Conference in Pittsburgh and the Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses in Montreal. Chris also presented the "Seven Most Common Reasons Family Physicians Get Sued" to a group of Physicians, taught a group of medical malpractice lawyers "Fetal Heart Monitoring Basics" and presented at a recent AWHONN conference.
CanLNC also provides experts for educational conferences. Let us know if you are interested in having one of our experts speak - to lawyers, or healthcare professionals. We're honored to share our knowledge in the interest of the legal and healthcare communities.